Commercial Insurance for Your Home-Based Business

If you have a home-based business, you may need specialized insurance to keep your company running if something unexpected happens to your merchandise or equipment. In Jacksonville, FL, the independent insurance agents at Connect America Insurance Agency would like you to know how to keep your home business secure.

Homeowners Policy Endorsements

Typically, a homeowners policy will not cover all of the expenses that you have for your business at home. You could always add an endorsement to your current policy, but this type of addition has limits. An endorsement is an optional coverage that offers you additional security over your homeowners plan.

For example, in Florida, you can acquire an endorsement for a home day care facility. You can get greater coverage for your home, but the liability is limited. Talk with your insurance agents to go over your limits if you decide to add an endorsement to your homeowners policy.

In-Home Business Policy

For a higher premium, you can secure your at-home business property. This type of policy may cover the lost income if your business has to stop running because your home is damaged. It could also cover the loss of equipment, valuables, and accounts receivables.

Business Owners Package (BOP)

Another type of insurance that you should consider for your home business is Business Owners Package (BOP). Usually, for small and medium-sized businesses, BOP offers coverage that can include materials, equipment, and other items necessary to run your business. If you customize dresses in your home and there is a fire, the material and equipment could be covered under the BOP policy.

Come by the Jacksonville, FL offices and request information concerning your home-based business. Connect America Insurance Agency can offer you advice and start you with the right amount of coverage for your commercial business.