Minimum Requirements for Commercial Auto Insurance Policies in the State of Florida

If you’re operating a vehicle for any business-related purpose in the State of Florida, you need to get commercial insurance. It’ll be necessary for any vehicle that’s being used for the following purposes:

  • Picking up and delivering goods (such as materials, newspapers, and food).
  • Delivering messages.
  • Taxi and limousine services.

You will also need to get commercial auto insurance on any vehicle that is titled to any business or corporation, as well as any vehicle that is being rented or leased by another person. You will also need a commercial auto policy for any vehicle that will be equipped with any of the following:

  • Snowboarding equipment.
  • Cooking or catering equipment.
  • Bathrooms.
  • Altered suspensions.
  • Hydraulic lifts.
  • Racing equipment

Regardless of the situation, you will need to a commercial policy on any vehicle that’s being used for business-related purposes, even if it’s being used for personal reasons as well.

Coverage Requirements for Commercial Auto Policies

Most states have the same minimum requirements for commercial vehicles as they do for an automobile that’s being used for personal reasons, but there may be some additional requirements if you’re transporting passengers or any hazardous materials. Be sure to talk to an agent to find out what the laws are for commercial auto insurance in the State of Florida, and Connect America Insurance Agency in Jacksonville, FL can help you get the information you need. Our expert agents will be able to get you an affordable commercial insurance policy that will meet state standards. Be sure to contact us today to find out how we can help you!

Federal Regulations on Commercial Auto Insurance

In addition to the state-required minimums, there are strict federal regulations with regard to commercial auto insurance policies – especially if the vehicle is transporting goods or passengers across state lines. However, the specific regulations will depend on what it is you’re transporting. Any provider of commercial insurance must make regular filings to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) to prove that your policy complies with certain standards. They act as a “proof of insurance,” and they certify that your policy meets current commercial insurance requirements.

If you have any questions about your current commercial insurance policy or need to purchase coverage for a commercial vehicle, you should get in touch with Connect America Insurance Agency in Jacksonville, FL. We would be happy to help you get the coverage you need, and we’ll make sure it’s a price that you can afford. If you want to more information about getting a quality commercial auto insurance policy, get in touch with us today!